Powers Funeral Home was originally founded in the early 1900s. It was then known as Spur & Dunlap Undertakers. It operated under that name until the early 1920s, when Paul Wrigley and Samuel Clements took over the operations and renamed the business Wrigley-Clements Funeral Home.
The funeral home operated for more than 30 years under that name, until 1956 when Pierce Powers purchased it. He renamed the business Powers Funeral Home, its current name.
Under the encouragement of Good Samaritan Hospital, Powers started operating an ambulance service out of the funeral home. This quickly became a very important asset to the community. Bright yellow ambulances became a trademark sight throughout the Puyallup Valley.